We are recruiting and this is your opportunity join our workforce !
Muslim Aid is an international humanitarian and development agency based and registered in the UK. Muslim Aid works through 11 field offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. In 2006, Muslim Aid started its operation in Sri Lanka working on humanitarian relief and development programs across the country. Our programs include emergency relief including food, shelter and medical support; capacity building through water, sanitation and health programmes; education and skills training; micro-financing and income generation in 5 districts. We are currently recruiting for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a Programme Development & Institutional Fundraising Coordinator.
Purpose of the Post
The main purpose of the position is to lead the process of proposal development and donor liaison and other country- and HQ-level communications to grow and develop Muslim Aid’s programme in Sri Lanka.
- Country funding and Strategy
· In consultation with the Country Director shape the development of a Country Office strategy including communication and funding plans and position papers.
- Donor Management and representation
· Represent where delegated, Muslim Aid to the government, Embassies/Delegations, the UN and other international agencies, donors and partners and other bodies including the media and the public.
· Develop donor engagement strategies for prioritized institutional donors and design and update a donor mapping and database to enable the appropriate development of the programme.
· Cultivate, maintain and develop strategic relationships with potential and existing donors, agencies, business contacts and other I-NGO partners to advance Muslim Aid’s profile
- Programme Development and grant management
· Lead on prospect researching and proactively identifying new funding opportunities from new and existing donors by monitoring calls for proposals and funding updates, for solicited and unsolicited opportunities and through in-country and external relationship building with donors and the submission of programme initiatives
- Required Qualifications & Experience;
· Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent professional qualification in the relevant field, master’s degree will be an added advantage
· Minimum of three years’ experience in a programme fundraising capacity, preferably in the INGO sector.
· Proven experience of programme design, development and implementation
· Have knowledge and experience of working with institutional donors such as ECHO, EU, UN and DFID etc.
· Experience of grant management and reporting to institutional donors.
· Excellent proposal development, reporting, writing, communication and presentation skills.
Please send your CV within 7 days with names of two non-related referees to
Human Resources Department, Muslim Aid Sri Lanka Office 22, School Lane, Nawala Road, Rajagiriya or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Muslim Aid Sri Lanka is an equal opportunity employer